By Littleton Riggins
In the world of fencing, a tournament manager has a lot of responsibilities. The manager must know how to seed pooles, the order of the bouts, direct elimination seeding, how to fill out a poole sheet, and several other tedious and frustrating details. However, with the FencingAdmin app, a tournament manager can quickly and easily manage his or her tournament without having to worry about all the boring and time consuming tasks that come with it!
The FencingAdmin app was designed with the fencing tournament manager in mind. It provides a quick and simple tool to run your casual or USFA official tournament. This app remembers the fencers you enter to provide a quick and easy way to enter competitors without the hassle of getting their information every time they come to one of your tournaments. Paper and pencil poole sheets have been replaced with digital, automatically updating ones that allow you to focus on your tournament, and NOT the paperwork. Pooles and Direct Elimination rounds are automatically seeded for you using USFA standard methods. With all this built in functionalities in your easy to use iPhone or iTouch you may never have to worry about confusing tournament logistics again!
- Remembers fencers between tournaments for easy registration of fencers.
- Manages a USFA standard fencing tournament. Pooles and then DE’s.
- Automatic random seeding of pooles.
- Ability to register literally hundreds of fencers for a single tournament.
- Tells the tournament manager the order of the bouts. Uses the USFA standard bout order.
- Familar looking poole sheets and score sheets.
- Automatic calculation of tournament statistics.
Apple Frameworks Used
- Core Foundation